Will Madkaikar come out of hospital on a wheelchair? Rane confident that he will walk out on his own?

pandurang-madkaikar-goa

According to a Times of India report, Goa Health Minister Vishwajit Rane was quoted today as saying:

“Madkaikar is getting the best care and I am sure he will come out walking from the hospital.”

Rane said after 72 hours the doctors would take Power minister Pandurang Madkaikar for a CT scan. “I had a review meeting with the doctors and I am sure Madkaikar would come out of it,” Rane, who is in Mumbai, told TOI. The statement above just means that Rane is also  hoping and praying that Madkaikar comes out walking on his own, out of the gates of the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani hospital at Andheri in suburban Mumbai.

Doctors at the hospital say he suffered a very serious brain stroke and there is a possibility of part paralysis or permanent damage to a part of the brain resulting in hampered cognitive functions. A senior doctor attending to Madkaikar said, “It will take 3-4 days more for us to gauge the damage to his brain and body. Sometimes, even if there is any damage, some damage is temporary and rectifies itself over time. The body and particularly the human brain has a great power to heal itself.  If Madkaikar is lucky there may be zero damage. What he needs right now are the good wishes and prayers of his people and maybe a miracle too!”

Also Read: Danger of Goa Power Minister Pandurang Madkaikar losing part of his memory?

He said Goa Medical College and hospital medical superintendent S M Bandekar has also reached Mumbai to coordinate with the doctors.

Power minister Pandurang Madkaikar underwent surgery at Mumbai’s Kokilaben hospital on Tuesday after suffering a brain stroke. “The operation was successful and doctors have put him under observation for 72 hours,” health minister Vishwajit Rane told TOI late on Tuesday night.

Also Read: Madkaikar’s bungalow given OC in less than 7 days, by Panchayat headed by Madkaikar’s wife

Sources said that Madkaikar was travelling and was in a hotel in Mumbai when he had the stroke. Hotel staff shifted him to hospital, and later, his brother and sister-in-law traveled to Mumbai to be with him.

Madkaikar had been in the firing line over the last few weeks over massive power cuts across the coastal state.

On Sunday, Bharatiya Janata Party and Congress leaders had complained that several areas in North Goa had suffered blackouts for hours after the power department shut off electricity to relocate high tension transmission lines from near a real estate plot to favour a builder.

Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar spoke to Madkaikar late Monday, asking the minister to ensure that power failures should be curtailed to less than one hour.

Also Read: 25-40 per cent of Goa without electricity, but Pandurang Madkaikar’s bungalow has un-interrupted supply

According to The NavHind Times, Madkaikar on Monday said that load shedding and maintenance work, which the electricity department had undertaken on Sunday and Monday, would avert power interruptions in Tiswadi taluka during the monsoon.

Admitting to the negligence on the part of his department officials, he apologized to the people of the taluka for power outages and the shutdown that lasted for over 20 hours.

“I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience that was caused to the people. I assure that this won’t happen again as the maintenance work has perfectly been executed…. it will now avert all major power interruptions in Tiswadi,” Madkaikar said while speaking to The Navhind Times over the phone.

Also Read: Stop eating Pork & Beef, embrace Hindutva or else leave India: Swami Maharaj

Madkaikar said that this work was outsourced to a Bangalore-based company, which found it difficult to complete the work within the limited time.

The two executive engineers of the department, who had been given responsibility to monitor the work, did nothing to arrange for alternate connectivity in case of delay in restoring power supply, he said.

“It is due to the negligence of the two EEs that we couldn’t prepare and execute the Plan B to fetch power from other substations and supply the same to the affected areas,” he said adding that the two EEs are new in the field and had no prior experience of the situation.

He said that an attempt had been made by the department to draw power from Porvorim and Ponda substations on rotation basis for Tiswadi. However, it was not 100 per cent successful.

“Around 80-odd workers were put on the job who worked till 5 am. They risked their lives and restored the power supply. I feel people should acknowledge their work and appreciate it,” he said.

Responding to the allegations that the work had been undertaken to facilitate two big housing projects, Madkaikar said, “We know what are we doing, and for whom. We cannot help any builders at the cost of government and the public. The people, who are alleging that the work had been undertaken to help the builders, are frustrated… I can understand their frustration as they had to suffer.”

The electricity department supervised the realignment work carried out by the builder’s contractor. The delay was caused when one of the two specialised crimping machines for conductors, brought in by the builder’s contractor to realign the 1.7-km high tension power line, failed on Sunday morning. “The two crimping machines were specially brought to Goa by the contractors (builder’s) to carry out the work. When one gave way, the contractor had to rely on only one crimping machine and this delayed the entire operation. When it turned dark, workers couldn’t work with the same efficiency as they did during the day,” a source said.

The situation worsened when the alternate power arrangements made by the department to supply power from the Porvorim substation also failed along with its feeders.

12 Comments on “Will Madkaikar come out of hospital on a wheelchair? Rane confident that he will walk out on his own?”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *